Click on the links below for information on the 2018 Fall Meeting & the 2019 Proposed Budget:
from 3 – 5 PM, with registration beginning at 2:30.
Please RSVP to Linda Ritchey by Sunday October 28 at email@example.com.
Outreach Money Distributed in 2018
The Mercersburg Association was able to designate $3000 for Outreach at the end of 2017. It was distributed in this way:
- $500 to Project Big Love, serving Franklin County families in helping them go back to school.
- $500 to Waynesboro Community & Human Services in Franklin County:
Services available include Information and Referral, Clothing Bank, Food Bank, Diaper Bank, Emergency Financial Assistance and the Community Nurse Office. Counseling is available from Occupational Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling Services and AHEDD. Rental Facilities are available at the center for those who have one-time only or ongoing programs that will offer concrete help, emotional support and encouragement and opportunities for personal growth to those who desire such help.
- $500 to Project Share for food distribution in Cumberland County.
- $500 to New Hope Ministries in Cumberland County, a Christian social service agency that shows the love and hope of Christ by serving their neighbors in times of need and supporting their efforts toward stability.
- $1000 to Join Hands, a contact and support center for Perry County residents seeking assistance with daily living concerns.
Three Outreach Grants were funded in 2018:
- First Carlisle – $1,000
A community event for children focused on food, games and entertainment.
- A joint project between Trinity Waynesboro & Church of the Apostles in Waynesboro – $1000 for a community Pets & Blessings family event held at a local park that includes vendors who deal with animal education, animal rescue and animal interactions.
- Grace Greencastle – $500 for Grace’s Free Closet and $500 for Laundry Love
Grace’s Free Closet offers free clothing and small household items.
Laundry Love is an economic relief program designed to reduce the financial burden of washing and drying clothes for individuals and families so that they can spend their money on other necessities like food, shelter, utilities and medicine.
Churches are encouraged to apply for an Outreach Grant. Details and examples of previous grants awarded are on the “Local Church Grant” tab of the website.